Ship Refrigerated Items
What Is Refrigerated or Reefer Freight?
Refrigerated or reefer freight refers to the transportation of goods that require a specific temperature range to remain fresh and safe. This type of freight is commonly used for perishable items such as food, pharmaceuticals, and medical supplies. Reefer trucks are equipped with refrigeration units that maintain a consistent temperature throughout the shipping process. The temperature range can be adjusted based on the specific requirements of the goods being shipped.
Reefer freight is essential for maintaining the quality and safety of temperature-sensitive products, and RS Group is proud to offer reliable and efficient refrigerated shipping services to meet your needs. Trust us to handle your reefer freight and ensure your products arrive at their destination in pristine condition.
What Are the Benefits of a Refrigerated Truck?
Are you in the business of shipping perishable items that require a constant temperature? Do you want to ensure that your products arrive at their destination in the same condition they were in when they left your facility?
- Maintains Product Quality: By controlling the temperature of your goods during transit, a refrigerated truck ensures that your products arrive at their destination in the same condition as they were when they left your facility. This is especially important for perishable items like food, medicines, and vaccines.
- Extends Shelf Life: A refrigerated truck can extend the shelf life of your products by keeping them at the ideal temperature. This means that you can ship your products over longer distances without worrying about spoilage or degradation.
- Reduces Product Loss: When you ship perishable items without temperature control, you run the risk of product loss due to spoilage or damage. A refrigerated truck eliminates this risk, reducing the likelihood of product loss and saving you money in the long run.
- Increases Efficiency: Refrigerated trucks are designed for efficient loading and unloading, which can save you time and money. These trucks typically have rear access doors that can be opened quickly and easily, allowing for faster loading and unloading.
- Provides Flexibility: With a refrigerated truck, you have the flexibility to ship your products anywhere, at any time. You don't have to worry about seasonal changes, weather conditions, or other external factors that could affect the quality of your products.
Cost of Refrigerated Shipping
The cost of shipping goods that must remain cold varies depending on the items and criteria of the shipment. At RS Group, we provide our customers with several options so they can find the right solution for their unique situation.
Shipping Refrigerated Goods Made Easy
We provide advanced refrigerated transportation solutions with our extensive network of trusted carriers.
Experience seamless cold chain logistics with the industry's best carriers to protect, increase efficiency, and promote eco-friendliness for your temperature-sensitive shipments.
- Our partnered carriers use state-of-the-art insulation technology to maintain optimal temperatures and extended freshness for your perishables.
- We only work with carriers that prioritize secure and durable packaging to ensure your products arrive in pristine condition.
- Our network of carriers has tailor-made solutions for a wide range of refrigerated goods, including food, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
- Our carriers are committed to using reusable, recyclable, and sustainable materials in their packaging to help you meet your green goals.
Unsure of which freight class your shipment is? Use our tool!
Preparing Your Refrigerated Freight
To prepare your perishables for a refrigerated trailer shipment, follow these steps:
Determine the required temperature: The first step is to check the recommended temperature for the specific type of perishable item you plan to ship. This information can typically be found on the product packaging or obtained from the supplier. Once you have this information, ensure that the temperature inside the refrigerated trailer is set to the correct level.
Package your items properly: Proper packaging is crucial to maintaining the temperature of your perishables during transit. Use insulated containers or boxes, and ensure that they are sealed tightly to prevent any heat transfer. Use additional insulation materials, such as packing peanuts or bubble wrap, to fill any gaps and prevent your items from shifting around during transportation.
Label the packages clearly: Clearly label each container with its contents and the required temperature. This will help the carrier and recipient handle the shipment properly and avoid confusion.
Cool the perishables before loading: Pre-cool your perishables to the required temperature before loading them onto the refrigerated trailer. This will help maintain the temperature inside the trailer during transit.
Load the trailer properly: Load your perishables into the refrigerated trailer, ensuring that you arrange them to allow for proper airflow. Avoid blocking the refrigeration vents and leave enough space around each container to allow for the circulation of cool air.
Monitor the temperature during transportation: Use a temperature monitoring system to track the temperature inside the trailer during transit. This will help you identify any temperature fluctuations that may affect the quality of your perishables.
By following these guidelines, you can help ensure that your perishables are properly prepared for a refrigerated trailer shipment and arrive at their destination fresh and undamaged. It's important to work closely with your carrier to ensure that all necessary precautions are taken to maintain the proper temperature and handling of your perishables during transportation.